Alicanto has re-interpreted commonly held views of Bergslagen geology and is highly leveraged for exploration success
Alicanto Minerals Limited (ASX: AQI) is an ASX-listed mineral exploration company focused on creating shareholder wealth through exploration and discovery in the world-class mining jurisdiction of Sweden.
Alicanto is pursuing aggressive exploration campaigns in Sweden’s highly regarded mining region of Bergslagen. The region has a strong history of mineral discovery, but in recent years there has been little exploration and almost no use of modern exploration technology. This creates a great opportunity for future discovery.
The focus of the Company is on its two 100%-owned, highly-prospective projects, both with significant historical production, but very limited exploration since closure of the mines:
Falun Project – targeting copper-gold opportunities in the vicinity of the historic Falun mine
- For centuries the Falun mine was the largest supplier of copper in the western world
- Closed in 1992 having produced 28Mt @ 4% copper, 4g/t gold, 5% zinc, 2% lead and 35g/t silver
- Alicanto controls over 60km of the target limestone horizon
- Data supports the concept of a major mineralised belt stretching over 10km on Alicanto’s permits
Sala Project – targeting extensions of the historic Sala silver-zinc-lead deposit
- Previously one of the largest and highest grade silver mines in Europe
- Closed in 1908 having produced approximately 200Mozs of silver at an average grade of 1,244g/t and silver grades of up to 7,000g/t
- Currently Sweden’s largest undeveloped zinc deposit
- Maiden Inferred Resource of 9.7Mt @ 4.5% Zinc Equivalent including a coherent near surface high-grade breccia zone dominated by semi-massive sphalerite containing 4.5Mt @ 6% Zinc Equivalent
Why invest in Alicanto:
Alicanto is targeting game changing discoveries at its Falun copper-gold and Sala zinc-silver projects in Sweden:
Tier 1 Mining Jurisdiction
- Sweden is a highly rated Mining Jurisdiction by the Fraser Institute (Top 20 in the 2022 survey)
- Sweden has a long mining history and has one of the largest mining economies in Europe
- Both the Falun and Sala Projects are located close to Stockholm in the Bergslagen region which has a long and rich mining culture, and significant infrastructure.
- The region is well known for producing large-scale, high-grade VMS style deposits including Garpenberg (owned by Sweden’s largest mining company, Boliden AB) and Zinkgruvan (owned by Lundin Mining Corporation of Canada)
Highly Rated Team
- Alicanto’s board, management and advisers have significant in-country expertise and a proven record of success. The team has been involved in numerous successful exploration and development programs around the world. In particular, Alicanto’s Chief Geologist has over 25 years’ experience in the Bergslagen region of Sweden. He is credited with six major discoveries in Sweden including the Garpenberg Extension which has significantly extended the life of that mine.
Underexplored Brownfields Projects
- Both Falun and Sala were highly successful, significant mines with strong production histories and which remain highly prospective for future discoveries
- The local geological knowledge of the current management team together with the application of modern exploration techniques greatly enhances the opportunity for Alicanto to discover significant mineralisation
- Alicanto has identified numerous high priority drill targets at both Falun and Sala which are the subject of on-going diamond drill programs